Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One fish, two fish, red fish, Malibu fish

For a really, really long time, I told people I didn't eat seafood. Keep in mind that I grew up in the Midwest, where eating fish really wasn't a thing. People didn't question me.

But then I moved to California, and had my first fresh sushi. Sushi turned into an occasional bite of a friend's salmon, or getting excited when my roommate bought frozen tilapia from Costco. Now I'm a fish-o-phile.

That's why I'm sort of overly excited about our Reel Inn deal ($15 for a $30 voucher). Though I like seafood a lot more now, my boyfriend is allergic to shellfish, so we don't go to seafood places that often. But this place has a really wide selection of all different kinds of shell-free fish, not to mention a ton of entirely sea-creature-free entree options.

I also like this restaurant deal because it gives me an excuse to go to the beach in Malibu and to try somewhere new to eat. Like most people, I've fallen into a rut of going out to eat at the same three places that are within walking distance of my apartment. I really have no reason to haul my butt (or my friends) to Malibu. But now, I can entice my pals and my palate with this awesome deal. According to Yelp, most of the dishes there are $10-$15, so this SocialBuy voucher will probably buy dinner for two. Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment